Friday 13 April 2012

FuseMP Food Blog – Chinese/Italian Fusion

Ok, here’s something you probably weren’t expecting to appear on this blog; it’s Cooking with Fuse!!

While I don’t in any way claim to be an amazing chef, I can cook a few things quite well, and I do a killer BBQ spread and make awesome roast potatoes. However, I do have one dish that I put together which I love eating and I don’t think I unknowingly stole from anywhere; so I figured I would share it with the world (or at least those who read this).

Again, I am not a chef, so this doesn’t involve a lot of seasoning or making things from scratch; but it’s yummy. Unfortunately the dish doesn’t have a name, so if you can think of one, please post a comment with it below; and yes you can pun Fusion with Fuse-ion.



Anyway, this is the end result. It’s chicken and pineapple in a sweet and sour sauce on tagliatelle. As I said, nothing too complicated, and most people could just best guess make it straight away; but here’s the instructions anyway because otherwise this would be a really short blog post.

Ingredients:
Chicken (diced) – I use 750g, but make a sensible amount for the mouths to feed
Jar of Sweet & Sour Sauce – Yes, its that simple, not even sauce from scratch (I use low calorie sauce, but full fat is probably tastier)
Pineapple (cubed in juice) – Yes, I use Dole because it makes me think of Dole Whips (you knew there had to be a Disney reference in here somewhere), one 350g (drained) can seems to work well with 750g of chicken ratio wise
Fresh Egg Tagliatelle – I just prefer fresh over dried, 300g works well ratio wise with the other ingredients
Spray Oil (not pictured) – or whatever you use for non stick purposes



Preparation:
I personally try and get any fatty bits of the chicken but that’s up to you. Drain the can of pineapple into a bowl but DO NOT dispose of or drink the juice, you will need it later.



Step 1:
Put a pot of water on heat as this will need to be boiling later.
Put a wok on heat to warm up

Step 2:
Once the wok is suitably heated, add spray oil and throw in the chicken; keeping it moving while it browns. Once browned, reduce the heat dramatically and allow the chicken to cook through. Stir occasionally and I often cover it at this stage too keep the juices in the wok which also prevents any sticking. Cook for around 6-8 minutes depending on the size of your pieces; they should be pretty much cooked through but definitely not ready to eat.


Step 3:
Drain. Add the pineapple and simmer for a few minutes allowing the pineapple to brown..


Step 4:
Add the sweet & sour sauce and stir, then pour in about half to two thirds of the pineapple juice and stir again. You can then dispose of any pineapple juice left by whichever means you find preferable (mine is by drinking it).


Step 5:
Let the sweet and sour sauce simmer for about 3 minutes, while stiring, and then add the tagliatelle with a little oil to the (by now) boiling water. Stir both for another 3 minutes.


Step 6:
Serve
 

And there we have it, nothing too special but it's YUMMY!

Let me know what you think (especially if you make it)

Speak Soon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...